01. How is mbbsmd.com in Philippines?
mbbsmd.com / MBBS in the Philippines is one of the BEST in the World. The High Quality of Education is attested to by the fact that Philippines is the highest exporter of Nurses and Doctors to the USA. This is due to the fact that the Philippines was a colony of USA for 50 years and many students join top Medical College in the Philippines with the view that their Medical Entrance is going to get them certification and jobs in the USA. Consequently the Philippines has one of the best education systems in Asia. MBBS in Philippines is called the MD Program (Doctor of medicine). This is equal to the MD in USA, MBBS in UK, India, MBBS in Australia, MBBS in Germany, MD in Canada etc. The Degree is recognized as equal to MBBS in India by the Medical Council of India.
02. What are the admission requirements and my eligibility criteria for MBBS?
Citizen of any country is eligible to study in Philippines as a fee paying student for undergraduate and post graduate programs.For undergraduate Medical program (MBBS), class 12 or HSSC with min. 50% Marks in with Subjects in Physics, Chemistry and Biology.For graduate (MS, MD) undergraduate in medicine with min. 50%18 to 60 years old (Depending on subjects- For medicine age limit is 30 years) In good healthFor exceptions, please contact the Admissions Section. For more specific information please click on the university you are interested to join and refer to the eligibility section therein or contact us.
03. What is the total duration of this course?
The total duration of this MBBS course is 5 years to 5 ½ year for students who have been educated till class 12 with Science.
The first 12 to 16 months [1 year and 4 months] is called the Bachelor of Science program and focuses on building foundation for a strong mbbsmd.com.
The next 4 years is the core medicine and clinical rotation.
Post Graduation is for 3 years and is called residency training [Similar to that of USA]
04. Is there any local bodies who can help me in providing the overall info?
We have representatives in various cities.
Please send your query to us and we shall send it to our local representative office and they would be getting in touch with you.
05. What is the total fee of this course?
The fee varies for each university, please let us know which university are you interested to join and we shall send you the details accordingly.
06. Can a student avail loan facility, what are the procedures?
Yes, Students can avail education loan from Banks. Contact the Bank for the procedure.
07. What are the documents required for the admissions?
Photocopies or scanned copy of your class 10 and 12 mark sheet is needed initially. Income proof, passport and other documents will be needed later. You will get the list of documents at the time of enquiry.
08. What are the benefits given to students joining through our company?
1. We are authorized by the University
2. We have over a decade of experience in dealing with students.
3. We have plenty of information and tips of value to students and parents for the course.
4. We provide networking with doctors in USA & UK for those wanting to go overseas for jobs
09. Since when are the Universities established?
All these universities are established for decades before gradually diversifying in many advanced courses. For more details on each university please refer to the relevant page of each university.
10. Where are these Universities located?
The University is located in MANILA. Capital of Philippines.
11. Are the degrees offered recognized by the World Health Organization and the MCI?
All the medical colleges and university present in the list of WHO are recognized by WHO and are recognized by CHED (Commission for Higher education and development).
The Degree is recognized by Medical Council of India or MCI as equal to MBBS in India.
The MD degree is valid in the USA by the IMED Directory, the California Board of Medicine and FAIMER
The Degree is Philippines is recognized as equal to MBBS in UK and MBBS in Europe by the GMC of UK.
12. What is the medium of teaching in Philippines?
Being an American colony for 50 years English is the official language for Government, Communication in day to day living and all other affairs
All the universities have English as the medium education.
94% of the Population Speaks English.
Hence education is in English Medium.
You can also communicate with locals in English easily.
13. How is the Weather?
Philippines has tropical weather.
There are 3 main seasons.
Rains: From June to September. Showers can be frequent and heavy.
Cool: October to February it is cool but temperature rarely drops below 25 degree Celsius
Summer: From March to May when temperatures can soar.
Overall the climate is perfect for a holiday in paradise and long hours of sun make this a dream destination. In terms of what to pack it is advised that lighter clothing is taken, shorts and beachwear are of course essential although in the rainy season be prepared for rains.
14. When is Admission usually?
There are two intakes (depending on the university and program) June and November depends on the University and the program for Medical, Premedical. MD or MBBS in Philippines – Medical Admission to the Top Medical College (s) begins in June. Admission to Pre-medical can happen in June or in November each year.
15. Hostel facility?
On campus accommodation for international students is available on campus
Hostel rooms have attached bathrooms, with single, double or triple beds
Both Air-conditioned and non air conditioned rooms are available as per the choice of accommodations.
Students can also choose to stay outside on their own accommodations.
16. Whether markets are nearby or not?
Market for daily needs is nearby to the campus
17. Facilities like: Laundry, Canteen, Internet, Mobile etc?
All such facilities are available at extra cost.
18. Are students allowed to prepare their own food?
No, Most of Universities do not allow students to cook their food in room. Some may have facilities for cooking. Students who hire apartments outside can cook at home. All Universities have canteens for students
19. Is vegetarian Foods available?
No. Vegetarian food is available. If needed: Pure vegetarians can cook their own food so that they are happy about what they eat.
20. Is there any dress code for college students?
Yes. There are uniforms for students and dress codes.
21. Are books available there or we need to carry along with us?
Some universities provides list of recommended books to carry and some books are given there during session. We suggest students carry books, or purchase it in Philippines.
22. Does stipend is provided there during internship period?
No, it is not provided
23. Can I do my internship from My country?
Yes, but it also depends on the university applied for and also the medical board of the country where the students wants to do the internships.
24. For how many days is the vacation period there? Can a student come to Home during holidays?
The vacation period is of 6- 8 weeks in Summer – students can go home.
25. What are the services offered by mbbsmd.com:
Free counselling to select right course, University and Country
1. Arrange guaranteed admission in your desired University/ Course.
2. Assistance for passport & visa
3. Assistance for foreign exchange through bank
4. Accompany student to university and help in settling down
5. Regular feedback to parents on student’s development
26. How a student is going to pay tuition fees and other fees?
The fee can be paid directly to the university by bank transfer for the first year and after that they can carry in form of US$ or Travelers Cheque or Euros and pay it to the university
27. Whether the University will refund the fees in case the admission is cancelled?
Once the students reports to the university and joins the same, the University regrets its inability to refund any part of the educational fees and other expenses paid by the student. The decision is all upon the university.
28. Is there any special provision for International students to solve their any personal problems or queries?
Every university has an International Students Department where a student could address their problems directly.
29. Can a student earn while learning?
No, a student cannot do job while studying since he/she is having a student visa.
30. Can I practice in my country after I study medicine from Philippines.?
Yes, you can practice in your country, provided you comply with the rules and laws of the medical council or Medical board of your country.
The University is recognized by the World Health organization, CHED and other bodies
31. Can I arrive prior to the orientation day?
Yes. Let the admission office know your planned arrival date and accommodation reservations beginning on the day you designate. Note that you will be responsible for payment of accommodation fees for any additional days outside of your course program.
32. What is the cost of living in Philippines?
Between US $ 100 to 150 per month depending on your spending habits
33. What other types of expenses should I plan for while in Philippines?
Entertainment in philippines is generally inexpensive. Transportation options include the public bus (which costs less than 20 pesos per ride)
34. How can I get or exchange money while I am in Philippines?
You may bring money with you, either in the form of cash or traveler's checks. ATM machines are available in banks, or cash advances can be drawn over the counter at most large banks for a transaction charge. Major hotels and most fine restaurants and stores now accept credit cards. Students enrolling for longer courses can open a bank account through the local bank on campus or down town and and transfer funds from accounts in their home country.
35. What do I need to bring with me from home?
You can buy almost any product and brand that you would find at home. Soap, shampoo, toothpaste, etc. are all readily available. We recommend that you bring any prescription medication in sufficient quantities to last for the duration of your visit and any preferred brands of over-the-counter medications (cold & flu tablets, etc.) Clothing is also plentiful and very inexpensive. Shoes are available, but larger sizes are hard to find.
36. What vaccinations do I need for Philippines?
The following vaccinations and applicable frequencies are recommended for students coming to Philippines: Hepatitis A (within previous 10 years); Hepatitis B (within previous 5 to 10 years), Japanese B Encephalitis (within previous 3 years); Tetanus (within previous 10 years); Polio (within previous 10 years); and Typhoid (once in lifetime). Students 55 and older should also have a Pneumococcal Vaccine.
37. What is the voltage used in Philippines?
The voltage here is 220. Converters and power strips may be purchased locally. ?We have tried to answer to all the possible questions, If we have left out any thing please write to us . Click for Enquiry page